The Turkington Fund was established in recognition and celebration of the contribution of older people to our society. It offers funding (normally in the range of £200 - £3,000) for locally based community projects that are planned and run by and for older people.
While not exclusive, the Fund welcomes applications that address the following:
• The promotion of interaction between older people and other sections of the community • Activities to address shared concerns amongst groups of older people
• Activities that focus on the positive contribution of older people within the community • Projects that enhance the active participation of older people in decision-making and policy influence
• Encouragement of older people to engage with a range of social, educational, health and cultural activities
• Priority will be given to those applications that show a clear involvement of older people in the design and delivery of a project
• An emphasis will be placed on locally-based self-help groups that are working in disadvantaged areas.
Turkington will not fund:
• Salaried posts
• Holidays & trips abroad
• Major capital building programmes
• Running costs of large organisations
• Holiday schemes
• Parties & shopping trips
• Promotion of religion
• Applications from statutory organizations
Small Grant Application deadlines for 2013
- 1.00pm on Tuesday 28 May 2013
- 1.00pm on Thursday 15 August 2013
- 1.00pm on Monday 7 October 2013
The Turkington Fund is part of the Community Foundation's Responsive Grant Making application process.
Please apply online at www.communityfoundationni.org/grants
To donate to the Turkington Fund, please click here.
To donate via Text, please text TURK05 and the amount to 70070. Eg. TURK05 £5