Communities in Transition
The Community Foundation for Northern Ireland initiated the Communities in Transition Programme in 2001 based on the findings of their previous Weak Community Infrastructure Demonstration Programme over the 1996-2000 period.
Ten areas were selected for inclusion in the Programme (eight in Northern Ireland and two in the Border Counties), they are:
- Clady and Innirush and Portglenone
- Crumlin, Co Antrim
- Harpurs Hill estate in Coleraine
- Harryville estate in Ballymena
- The Melmount area of Strabane
- Mosside village in the Moyle Council area
- Northlands and Sunnylands estates in Carrickfergus
- Seacourt estate in Larne
- Newtowncunningham village in east Donegal
- Six small villages in rural north cavan - Redhills, Bunnoe, Drung, Laragh, Stonepark and Stradone.